Queensland's largest marriage celebrant association

Alliance of Celebrants QLD Member Directory

What if I need to change my Marriage Celebrant?

If for some reason, you need to change your Marriage Celebrant or if you decide to use a celebrant instead of the Registry office, for example, you will need to obtain the original Notice of Intended Marriage Form (NOIM) that you lodged with the first Celebrant or BDM and have them transfer it to your new Celebrant or if time permits, you may both fill in a new form. You should note, however, that in the majority of cases if not all, you would have paid your original Celebrant a non-refundable fee so if you are completing a second NOIM, the new Celebrant, by right, may also charge you a non-refundable fee to repeat this process.  Should you find that you wish to change Celebrants, you should be advising the first Celebrant as soon as possible that you are no longer requiring his/her services.

This also applies if you lodge your original NOIM with the Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages and decide to use a Celebrant for a more personalised experience. The Registry will transfer the NOIM to your chosen Celebrant.

Please be aware that you will be required to provide your identity documentation to the new celebrant entrusted with your wedding.  


The Secretary
PO Box 7093
Sippy Downs QLD 4556