$25.00 joining fee + $125.00 annual membership = $150.00 total
On receipt of your application, we will raise an invoice for you so that you will have account details and a reference number for payment.
Once you are ready to join, just complete the online form by clicking membership application form, and send a photo to email@example.com (120 x 120 in jpeg, tiff or bitmap) to add to your listing on the ACQ website.
Renewing Membership (January - December)
$125.00 annual membership = $125.00 total
- Membership - Update member details form, Download here... ACQ Member details update form
Pro-rata Membership Rates
ACQ accepts pro-rata payments as follows:
January - March new memberships: $25.00 + full cost of $125.00 = Total of $150.00
April - June new memberships: $25.00 + $90.00 = Total of $115.00
July - September new memberships: $25.00 + $60.00 = Total of $85.00
October - December new memberships: $25.00 + $30.00 = Total of $55.00
By joining the ACQ, there are many benefits that you will enjoy, some of which are:
- A dedicated volunteer Executive Committee who are all easily contactable for support and advice.
- The members of the ACQ committee are dedicated to promoting the aims and objectives of the ACQ. As such, they are committed to providing you, as a member, with a framework which will underpin your own professional approach to celebrancy.
- Camaraderie, togetherness, fellowship, networking
- A welcoming, friendly environment in which you can progress your professional celebrancy and make lasting friendships
- Collegiality with other like-minded professional celebrants
- Social gatherings
- Community projects (e.g. involvement in projects such as support to Africa children's orphanage)
- Training and professional development opportunities (including subsidised OPD)
Dates claimers for 2020 include:
Sunday 28 June 2020 Annual Conference approved by the Attorney-General's Department for OPD compliance held at the Hilton, Brisbane
By joining our Association you will enjoy:
Subsidised annual conference with interesting and informative speakers relevant to our unique profession
Copyright license included in your membership
The option to join a group insurance cover through CoCA or individually tailored insurance coverage for our members for public liability and indemnity
Help and guidance when those 'out of the ordinary' problems occur
Direct contact with members who specialize in areas of general celebrancy (e.g. funerals and naming ceremonies) and are prepared to provide you with assistance and support when needed
A closed Facebook page for any questions you'd like answered or stories you'd like to share in a collegiate environment
Having a voice
Valuable opportunities to contribute to debate on relevant issues: all opinions, concerns, suggestions expressed will be welcome and encouraged
A strong presence on the Coalition of Celebrant Associations (CoCA), a national body with direct connections to the Attorney-General's Department with a Committee member and/or alternate delegate representing you at twice yearly meetings in Canberra. A Committee member is the current Treasurer of CoCA.
Keeping up to date
The dissemination of information issued by the Attorney-General's Department both in Queensland and in Canberra &/or Births, Deaths and Marriages to all celebrants, as required
The ACQ website which will provide updated information on topics of interest
Interesting guest speakers on relevant topics at regular meetings
A website presence easily searchable by prospective marrying couples generating leads for all its members.
As part of your membership, your details will be listed on the ACQ website and updated on a regular basis.